Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite days of the year, and not just because we feast like kings. I love this day because it is the day to express thankfulness! Although I believe every day we should be thankful like we are on Thanksgiving, I love having a special day set aside for special things. Just like Christmas. We should celebrate Jesus's  coming every day, but isn't it fun to have a special day set aside just for that? This time of year comes around and the feeling of thankfulness inside of me  just bubbles out. My family and friends mean the world to me. I love most of my friends as if they were my own family. I even refer to my closest friend as my sister. My family loves me when I am un-lovable, and my friends love me the same way! I believe having friends is the most important thing other than having a relationship with Christ and your family. Jesus knew how much friends would mean to me so He has blessed me with some of the most amazing people to call my friends. Even when I moved from my home to Peru He gave me friends. One thing is, I will never have to be worried about not having a true friend 24/7. Jesus is my true friend always and forever. Another thing I am thankful for is Peru. I love Peru. Now if I was to continue listing all things I am thankful for, you people reading, may never get up again. In other words, I am a very blessed person and Jesus has given me oh so much to be thankful for. 
This is a poem I wrote Thanksgiving Eve. {Thankfulness Thankfulness where do I begin?
Thankful for the air that every morning I breathe in
Thankfulness thankfulness where do I go now?
That one day in heaven before my king I shall bow
Thankfulness Thankfulness you shall never have an end 
For on this day of thankfulness greetings I do send} 
So as it says in the poem "on this day of thankfulness greetings I do send" Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving to all! May The Lord bless your day, and may you be filled with a thankfulness to last through the ages!



No comments:

Post a Comment